Friday, May 10, 2013

An Honorable Man

Dear Universe,

I love my husband more than should be legally allowed, I also know he is one of the most honorable men I know. That's not who I want to talk about today. I want and need to talk about my brother.

I did not grow up with the best home life. There was so much abuse, that once I escaped at age 17, I never looked back. I also have struggled to get past the way I was raised in order to develop a closer relationship with certain family members.

The hardest one to develop has been with my youngest brother. His birthday is 2 days before  mine, but he is 9 years younger than I am. I was too busy as a young girl trying to protect myself to care anything about a baby brother. Due to our age difference he was still very young when I left home. I didn't know him at all, until we both became adults.

He is an extremely smart man. I have a genius IQ, his is higher than mine. I identify as an empath, I don't know if he does, but he has some of the same abilities to pick up on the energy that I do. The first time we spoke about it, it was comforting to be able to talk with someone who understood what it is like to tune in that way.

He has spent the last 20 years serving our country in Navy, he attained the rank of chief and is a top notch electrician. He is extremely creative and can draw like no ones business. He is also a very accomplished wood worker.

Despite the fact that he has spent half of the last 20 years deployed all over the world, he is a very devoted father. He married a woman who already had 3 young sons, they went on to have one together. He loved and raised all of the boys as if they were his own. They have grown up to be fine young men and a credit to both their parents.

This man makes me so proud to call him my brother. If something were ever to happen to my beloved Musicman, this is who I would turn to for help and support. I wish I could reveal more, I wish I could share the essence of who he is as a man with everyone. All girls should be so blessed to have a brother like him.

He's not doing well right now. He continues to lose weight and is down to 190 lbs. He is 6' 5" so he must be mostly skin and bones by now. The internal bleeding continues and he is often very, very ill. He hasn't given up, he never says he can't do this, he continues to say, " I will win". If anybody can beat stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer, it's him.

I struggle to believe this, not because I doubt his strength, or the love he has for his family that keeps him fighting. I struggle because of that dang energy and the visions it brings. They aren't comforting and I am hoping against hope that what I keep seeing does not come to pass. If anyone has the strength and fortitude to change their future, it's him. I'm doing my best to focus on that.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower


2 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes. He sounds like an incredible man and brother and someone anyone would be honored to know. Sending healing thoughts and hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terpsichore. I think he is someone anyone would be proud to call brother and I'm not ready to let him go.

      Delete

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)