Sunday, May 12, 2013

Better Off Alone

Dear Universe,

Sometimes it's so obvious that my family takes me for granted. Today is Mother's Day. I'm a Mother of two children. I've sacrificed everything for my husband and children and asked very little in return. Guess what that gets me? Yep, very little.

I willingly set aside my hopes and dreams to make them happy. I've not lived up to my potential or experienced the things I wanted to experience because they needed me. I've not taken the chances, or attempted to grab the brass ring, for them.

Today is Mother's Day, it has been an exceedingly lonely day for me. I didn't hear from daughter. I never hear from her unless she needs something from me. My son did finally come home, but he didn't even wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Musicman made me breakfast, but then he spent the rest of the day napping. I have no idea how someone can nap for 5 hours, but he manages it.

While he slept, I cooked dinner and watched movies, all by myself. I would usually do laundry today, but I declined to do that, because it's Mother's Day. That just means I will have to do it tomorrow. No big savings that.

What exactly is it I'm doing wrong? Why do they not appreciate the fact that everything I do makes their life easier? When will someone in my life treat me as a worthy human being?

I'm beginning to think the answer is never. I have some very important things going on next week, I need Musicman's support, but so far, I'm not getting it. These are the kind of days that make me think I would be better off alone. Days like this make me wish for the strength to truly do what makes ME happy. That would not involve them, which is why I don't, but maybe someday I will be that strong.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower





7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a disappointing Mother's Day. Your situation is the type that my sister will tell me could have happened to me, that there are no guarantees when raising kids. I know that, but believe it could have been okay, not great maybe, but okay. We don't have kids and never will, so I was sad yesterday as well. I hope you will have the chance to do what make you happy. Congratulations on the new job!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking, maybe after your daughter has her baby she will be more tuned into celebrating Mother's Day with you. That could be fun. If not, you should to the spa with Terps.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Meg, there are definiteley no gurantees when raising kids, they are the deepest love and the biggest heartbreak. I keep telling my daughter that she is going to learn very soon what it's like to really be a mother. She has a lot of growing up to do and when her baby is born I'm sure her outlook on what it's like to be a mom is going to change.

      Delete
  2. my first mother's day I belonged to a mom's support group...that first mother's day we were so excited...and then our husbands did not deliver...anything...newborns can't even say I love you yet so I felt very sad...so the next year us moms took it into our own hands and went out for a spa day just us moms...it was fun...now I go out with my children and hubby for a day out...but if ever that does happen...come join me and we can go to the spa and get pedicures... :-) Hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a spa sounds like a ton of fun, I've never been to one. I really don't expect a lot for Mother's Day, but a phone call to say Happy Mother's day would have been nice.

      Delete
  3. That sucks Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)