Saturday, February 23, 2013

Oasis of Time

Dear Universe,

Another week gone, time to celebrate. We've always looked at the weekends as little oasis' of time to play. That's a good thing for me, as time is the most valuable thing to me.

We've gotten our chores done and are settling in for a nice weekend together. We had some great playtime last night, which has greatly improved my mood. If I was still writing my other blog, I'd have quite the story to tell.

I just don't feel like talking about those things right now. It was important to me to focus on our relationship and writing a relationship/sex blog did that very nicely. But, right now, there are other things I need to focus on. Mostly, being a women in today's society and how I deal with all the demands on my time.

I am prepping to start another new job next week. This will be the third job in less than a year for me. That's a lot for anyone, but for some one who changed jobs only once a decade, it's a huge amount. It used to be that I was steadily moving up in my career and when I changed jobs it was to take a better position.

Unfortunately, that is not currently the case. Healthcare here has become extremely competitive and most places are controlled by one of two huge entities that are located outside the city. When you work for them you are not a person, you are a number. I was a number for one of them for 10 years and have no wish to go back to that.

I'm hoping that once I get started with this new job, I will be able to move up quickly. It is a new program that they are planning on growing fast. It's not healthcare, but it deals with healthcare and is something I have a lot of experience in. If I have to give up my dream of not working outside the house, it might as well be worth my while. Hopefully, I will be able to accomplish that very quickly.

It may not allow me much time to play, but maybe it will give me the much needed stability, both financially and otherwise to start planning again. A stable schedule will go a long way to helping me choose what extra curricular activities I will have time to undertake. It may be the volunteer work I had planned on starting. It might be the classes I was planning to begin taking, or it might be returning to writing my other blog and being an active member in that community again. At this point, I don't know, because I haven't achieved that stability, yet.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)