Friday, April 12, 2013

Another Change

Dear Universe,

I said it had been a long week, now it's time to dump.

I got fired yesterday, I actually asked them to fire me. I'm not so good at quitting, they didn't want me to quit. I was the ideal employee for them. I just couldn't handle the lack of respect, the lack of recognition of me as a human being. I felt like cattle, I can't accept that.

I'm a professional, I conduct myself with professional behavior. I'm a hard worker, one of those employees that is at work 15 minutes before the shift starts so I'm prepared for the day. I dress appropriately, I don't behave in a vulgar manner. I know how to show people respect and make them feel valued and heard. That wasn't enough for them.

They wanted me to commit to being there until the work was done. They know they are overloading the employees, they don't care. They want to eliminate humans from the equation. In the line of business they are in that is not possible.

My immediate boss was very kind and understanding about everything and asked if she could call me in the future if they get a another contract where the bosses aren't so ridiculously ignorant. I said yes. It wasn't the people I worked with that were so impossible, it was the out of town people. They contracted the work out but wanted to retain complete control of the work. No problem with that, they just set totally unattainable expectations.

The local bosses know this, but have been unsuccessful in changing anything. People are dropping out of the program like flies. They will likely soon lose the contract because they can't keep any staff. I kinda hope that does happen and that the big boss from NYC takes a serious hit to his business because of it. Clearly he values money more then he does people and that is just wrong. At least in my opinion.

I do have an interview on Monday, which is good. I'm just so tired of starting over. I'm also a bit concerned about whether or not I can do this job physically. Guess all I can do is try.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower

7 comments:

  1. Oh darlin' I'm so sorry. It's just more stress for an already stressed flower. I wish you peace and grace and energy for the change.

    hugs,
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fiona, life does seem to be more challenging then I would like right now.

      Delete
  2. Good luck Monday with the job interview

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry...should have read this post first...hope your intervies goes well...thinking of you and sending hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)