Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Holiday

Dear Universe,

Feeling pretty good today. Yesterday's procedure for Mr. went well. Better then I expected actually. I'm usually a pretty optimistic gal, but with all the recent set backs from his surgery it has been a bit tough. I get my hopes up that things will go well and then when they don't I'm crushed.

I went into yesterday with a very clear idea of all the possible complications that could occurr and was as prepared as I could be to deal with them. There were none, yay, happy surprise. It is starting to make me believe we might actually have gotten over the hump. Maybe the set backs are done ane we will make some solid forward progress.

Sunday is Easter, we have yet to celebrate any holidays since Thanksgiving. He barely made it home from the hospital in time for Christmas and I was just so grateful he was home that I didn't need anything else.

Holidays used to be all about family. Mr. had a very large, loving family. We always had so much fun getting together and celebrating with all of them. But so many have passed away now that we have no one left to celebrate with.

I used to love hiding the eggs for the kids to find. Though it seems like every year I would forget where one was hidden and it would take hours to find it. The kids are grown now, if I hid eggs they wouldn't bother to look for them,  and they would laugh at me for suggesting it. Oh well, guess I wait till grandkids are in the picture.

We are not church goers so we won't be doing that. It promises to be a quiet weekend with just the two of us. Not a problem since I love to spend quiet weekends with Mr. In fact this maybe the last full weekend we get together as work is pressuring him to start working 6 days a week again. That pisses me off. It hasn't even been 4 months since his surgery, he isn't supposed to be back at work for another couple months yet.

But he is a strong man and has been back at work for a month and a half now, but only 5 days a week. Granted those are 10 hour days, you would think they would be happy with that. Not so much, they are pushing him to go to 6 days. I know him pretty well, if they keep pushing he will do it soon.  And he will be exhausted for a while, which means back seat for me again. Oh what's a woman to do? I hate it when life intrudes.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)