Monday, April 30, 2012

I need an Angel


Dear Universe,

Another Monday, another day of laundry and cleaning. I should probably not be happy about that, but I am. I actually do enjoy taking care of my house and family. I know that isn't the most popular thing to say these days. Afterall, women are supposed to be equal, women can have it all.

What a crock of shit. I did it all, I had it all. Having it all is not all it's cracked up to be. I never got more then 4 hours of sleep a night for more the 20 years. That is what having it all will do for you, make you too exhausted to enjoy anything. Major burnout will ensue.

I am still looking for a way to supplement our income without havinbg to sacrifice my personal life and interests. So far I have had no major break throughs about how to solve this dilemma. But I will continue to work at it. The paper this weekend only had 1 page of jobs openings. For a city this size that isn't much.

Of all those job listings, there was only one that I was even remotely qualified for. I called the number. It is a job staffing company. All the jobs around here are through these agencies. So far I have found them to be a total waste of time. You call them, they say email us your resume. I email my resume, then don't hear from then again for months. When I do hear it is a rejection letter. Rejected without so much as an interview. Very frustrating.

I know what the problem is. My age. They see the resume, the amount of experience I have, they make a judgement based on that alone. I'm over qualified. I will want too much money. The employer is worried I will have established habits they will need to break. If I could just get past the resume and get a chance to talk to someone. They would then understand what I am about.

Well, I'm frustrated and dejected about the whole situation, but I can't stop trying. I am trying very hard to keep the faith that everything will work out. I'm also trying very hard to find the answer that may be lurking in right in front of my face.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)