Thursday, April 12, 2012

Why?

Dear Universe,

Why did you bless me with hormones?
Why did you give me such strong emotions?
Why did you give me such a deep well of thoughts?

Why is the climb up the mountain so hard?

Why does pain feel so good sometimes?

Why is the truth so easy to give, yet so hard to receive?

Why do I have so many dark, dark places in my mind?
Why do I constantly seek the light?
Why can't I be comfortable in the dark?

Why don't we embrace the dark?
Why do we place limits?

Why do I  seek to define the unknown?
Why have I spent my whole life striving to learn and continue to know nothing?

Why can't the easy way be the right way?
Why can't this be enough?

Why can't we rest here awhile?
Why can't we float on calm waters and feel the sunshine bathing our skin?
Why can't we languish in blatant carnal delight?

Why can't I let go of worry and doubt?

Why did you make me a woman?

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower


2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a woman isn't easy and someone really warn us about that. Not that I would give up being a woman, but at least maybe I'd be better prepared.

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)