Friday, March 1, 2013

Contemplating Sleep

Dear Universe,

It's late, I should be contemplating sleeping. I would like to be able to sleep, but sleep is not that easy for me. Sleep is a competitive sport and I always lose.

If I do manage to sleep, the nightmares come. They terrify me.

I'm an adult, nightmares should not be this painful.

It's the stress.

Torn obligations, warring with pristine dreams.

Things I want, things I dream, things I long to be, in total opposition to the things, I must be.

An effigy of myself, burning endlessly.

Too warn down to believe.

Refuge is what I long for.

Refuge... such a foreign word,

refuge is not in my lexicon.

No safe haven for me.

Struggle on, forge ahead, be it all, believe again.

How I wish I could.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower



I miss my faeries.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)