Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Mind Overflows

Dear Universe,

So much on my mind today. It's STILL snowing. Can't you make it stop, please? At this rate, I'm never gonna get to wear the the pretty new shoes and dresses I've been acquiring.

Work was a drudge yesterday. I'm seriously gonna crawl through the computer lines and strangle that bitch in NYC if she doesn't back off. The onsite supervisors are smart enough to leave me alone and let me do my thing, but not her. She has the ability to totally tick me off via email. She sent me 10 emails on one case yesterday, all because her assistant didn't follow through the way she should have.

The good thing is if I figure out how to get to her the onsite supervisors have not only given me permission to strangle her, they have requested I hit her once for them. They have told me they know, I know what I'm doing and they don't worry about my work. That's always nice to hear. Of course they have so many others that are still learning that they are most likely grateful to have someone that doesn't need constant attention.

They are having a potluck lunch tomorrow. I haven't decided if I am gonna participate yet or not. I probably should, play nice and all that happy crap, yanno. I just really don't feel like it. Everyone is nice enough and I'm starting to be more comfortable in the less then professional environment. I'm just not all that committed to this place and I'm okay with that. I'm not interested in getting to know them all that much. I can't imagine ever seeing any of them outside of work, so why pretend I want to be their friends?

On another note, our daughter moved out while I was at work yesterday. She left a lot of her stuff here and she kept her house key. She sent me a message saying she would be hanging out here on days she has appointments. She moved out of the city, about an hours drive away, but her boyfriend is working here in the city. On days she has appointments, she will come in town with him in the mornings, then go to her appointments and then come back here till he picks her up at the end of the day.

I was actually going to suggest she do just that. That means we will still get to see her and see first hand how she is doing. I'm still not convinced that she is in a stable place, but I'm trying to remember that she is an adult and has her own journey to take and her own lessons to learn.

We find out next week, Thursday I think, if she's having a boy or a girl. Once we know, I do believe I'm gonna dust off my crotchet hooks and make a blanket or two for the baby. I've never tried to make anything as complicated as booties or hats, but maybe I'll look for some instructions and give it a try.

We did finally get some private time last night. Our son stayed at his girlfriend's house. I had a feeling he would, cause she stayed here the night before. That occurred against my wishes. He asked if she could, I told him no. They both know I don't approve or condone that. He did it anyway and I didn't find out until I heard her leaving early yesterday morning.

He has been following the rules pretty well since he came back home. I admit, I wondered how long that would last. Now I know, not very long.

We got some good news from the south too. My brother has been stable. He is finally able to eat a little bit orally, though he is still loosing weight. He hasn't had to many bad side effects from the chemo treatments, which is wonderful news. I don't know if they have done any tests to see if the tumors are shrinking yet. I have asked, but my SIL kinda just gives me the info she feels like sharing. She is bipolar and I worry about her not having enough support,  even though I ask how she's doing she usually blows those questions off.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear your voice in blog land.

    Hugs,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fiona, though this particular voice isn't all that interesting I fear :)

      Delete
    2. Don't underestimate yourself! It's you...and you are interesting. Remember - you've got a life, you're complex and multifaceted...as are your readers and we all understand you!

      hugs,
      fiona

      Delete
    3. Maybe you could explain it to me? Thanks for the lovely words of support, acceptance of self is something I am working on. It's slow going, but at least I'm moving.

      Delete
  2. After reading your confession post I came over here to visit and read from the beginning. I'm glad you're settling into your new job and that you have hours more to your liking. I share some of your frustrations with life and am pleased that you relate in this post you've had some good news. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that must have been a drain to read from the beginning. It's been a rough few months, but things are starting to settle some.

      Delete
  3. glad to hear your brother is stable. That is good news. And glad that you were able to have some private time with your hubby. Can't wait to hear if the grandbaby is going to be a girl or boy...we were surprised for both of ours. :-) Take care, Terps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very pleased with my brother's progress, he's got a long way to go, but we are all grateful for any good news.

      I never gave much thought to finding out when I was pregnant, I just assumed I would have a boy, cause Musicman's family doesn't know how to make girls. They only have 3 of them in 4 generations of a very large family. Imagine my surprise when the Doc said it was a girl :) My daugther is hoping for a girl, I'm just happy she is going to find out soon.

      Delete

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)