Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 2

Dear Universe,

Well, 2 days into the new job and I'm surviving. It's group training, which sorta sucks big ones. One of my pet peeves is being read to. I read fast and hate having to listen to someone read to me what is right in front of my face. That comprised most of my day today, ugh.

The employer wasn't really prepared for us, which is not very reassuring, but not much can be done about that. I'm coping the best I can and have been biting my tongue quite a bit so as not to say the scathing things running through my mind.

It sounds arrogant of me, but once I get the training on the computer programs I will be good to go. Whereas, most of my co-workers in training have no medical field experience and don't seem to have the mindset of what being or dealing with, medical professionals is all about.

I should look at all this as a positive for me. My experience and knowledge should put me a step above the others and make it easier for me to stand out and move up quickly. I've already established that I don't want to work outside the home, but financial pressures demand it, so I might as well attempt to put my best foot forward and try to move up quickly.

I did discover that the same company who is the client of the company I am working for has a work at home program. That is something to keep in the back of mind in case I ever decide to try and pursue that option. Right now the better money isn't in that program, so I might as well attempt to make the best of the situation in front of me.

If it seems like I am doing better with my overall attitude dealing with these situation, it's because I am. There are 2 reasons I see for that. The first is that I have at least gotten started, so some of the anticipation and fear are subsiding. Though I still need to go shoe and undie shopping.

The second reason is Mr. He has been so supportive even though he probably doesn't totally understand my reluctance to work outside the home. He continues to tell me multiple times a day that everything is going to be okay. He also continues to offer to work more days and even get a second job so I don't have to work. I can't justify that, but I appreciate it.

Am I gonna love this job? I highly doubt it, but I may learn to at least not hate it, and the paycheck every week will help. Mr. worries so much about money, and I understand that worry even though I don't worry about it. If I can relieve some of that worry, well, it's worth all the crap. Plus, I still plan on starting that vacation fund. It may take awhile to save for someplace nice, but I don't get any paid vacation time for a year anyway.

As long as I save something from every pay, it will add up nicely. In a year or so, we might just be able to take the vacation of a lifetime. Since the only vacations we have ever taken have been to visit family, it doesn't have to be an epic trip around the world to be a vacation of a lifetime for us. That's the beauty of living simply.

Love,
Lolita Lilyflower

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to meet new people, so don't be shy, say Hi :)